You may have noticed that you have problems biting, chewing or eating; or that your teeth do not seem to come together properly when you bite. There are a number of bite problems that lead to either biting or chewing issues, or they result in excessive wear and tear of the teeth or inability of the jaw joints to function in an ideal fashion.
Examples of bite problems include:
- Increased overjet: when the upper front teeth protrude excessively
- Deep overbite: excessive vertical overlap of the front teeth when the back teeth are shut together
- Open bite: the inability of the teeth to meet and touch each other when the mouth is shut
- Crossbite: when the lower teeth fit on the outside of the upper teeth
- Underbite: when the lower front teeth bite edge-to-edge with or in front of the upper front teeth
- Mismatched dental centre-lines or an asymmetric bite
- Cusp-to-cusp bite: when upper and lower teeth fit right on top of each other rather than between each other
Rest assured that here at Elite Orthodontics we have many ways of addressing such bite issues with comfortable inconspicuous braces which aim to deliver not only an amazing smile, but good function and optimal dental health.
Contact us for more information.