Tooth-coloured, Clear or Ceramic Braces
In this particular system of fixed braces, the brackets are made of a translucent or tooth-coloured material which can be from either ceramic or hard plastic. The archwires that are used in this system can be tooth-coloured also making this a much less noticeable style of braces than metal braces.
The choice of material used can depend on treatment goals and protocols, but also dependent on your wishes.
See also: Fixed Braces.
When other types of invisible braces are not suitable or desired by our patients, our specialist orthodontists can use clear tooth-coloured fixed braces. At Elite Orthodontics we also use coated tooth-coloured/white archwires too, making clear ceramic braces a great choice for many adults or younger patients who wish their orthodontic treatment conducted as discreetly as possible.
Main benefits of a fixed brace:
- Very precise control of movement, and superior quality ‘finish’ to treatment.
- Relatively fast-acting.
- Easy to keep clean.
- The appliance is fixed to your teeth and in the orthodontist’s control so you don’t have to worry about doing anything. It is less cooperation-dependent.
- No plastic in the roof of the mouth, hence speech is not affected and flavours of food and drink can be enjoyed fully.
- No aligners on your teeth, so that you can bring your teeth together fully.
- Since the appliance is fixed and cannot be removed it is in a constant active state and hence the most effective.
See also: Stainless Steel Fixed Braces | Lingual Braces | Invisalign
Your orthodontist will discuss the best options with you during your consultation.
Book Appointment Patient Journey
Next: Invisalign Removable Braces